Thursday, March 11, 2010

Final Thoughts ... for the Day


Okay, "Lost" was actually pretty good this week (It helped that it was focused on Ben Linus, one of the few characters to still have much individual interest for me). I wanted to say that, because I mentioned how unimpressed I have been with this season so far. Actually the last couple of episodes have been better ... although the religious overtones (which have previously usually stayed in the realm of undertones) need to get put back in check if it's not going to pull a total Matrix Revolution (remember the Keanu crucifix blast? yeah, you do.).

Also, I just checked macrumors.com, and they had a report about possible updated Macbook Pros being in stores tomorrow. They promptly backpedaled and debunked the rumors, but it seems like there is growing buzz in internetworld about an update very (hopefully VERY) soon!

Finally, Slate has a good advice column called "My Goodness: Advice on How to Make the World Better." Yesterday's topic was a question that I have debated with Rachel many times: Is it "wrong" (or bad) to send your kids to private school? The consensus seems to be that you need to do what's best for your individual kids, but it's certainly a complex issue and one that I'm sure we'll continue to struggle with. The state of public education in the U.S. is really abysmal and needs to be a priority for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment