Friday, March 26, 2010

Oops


Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I've gone two weeks without posting. Some might say that's due to a lack of dedication to the blogging lifestyle and others might say, "Good for you! You got a life!" I wish I could attest to the veracity of the exclamatory statements of the latter group, but, alas, it probably has more to do with the former option.

That said, a couple of exciting things HAVE transpired over the last 12 days. In no particular order:

Rachel finished law school!!! Okay so there is SOME particular order. I can't adequately describe quite how glad I am that law school is OVER and also quite how impressed I am with my wife for completing it. She's a soldier.

We went to Portland! (Part I of Rachel's Guilt Over Missing Andy's Birthday Leads to a Prolonged Birthday Celebration ... which REALLY needs to be retitled) We had awesome Lebanese (not usually my favorite) food at Nicholas Restaurant, explored the Pearl District, saw the largest independent bookstore in Portland, drank a local brew at some bar tended by a pissy barmaid and scarfed a bacon maple bar (and waited half an hour to do it) at Voodoo Donuts.

We also hosted a Murder Mystery Party (Part II of RGOMABLPBC) in which my fictitious bride was murdered at our wedding reception, prompting an evening-long investigation that uncovered ugly truths and disturbing mysteries. It was a lot of fun and Rachel (a.k.a. Inspector Poirot) did a great job of both organizing the party and solving the crime.

Finally, March Madness has once again taken up more than it's fair share of my time over the last week or so. The Buckeyes just lost tonight, thus sinking my longshot bracket. It's been fun, but particularly since we'll be out of the country (Meheeko, here I come!) for the majority of the rest of the tournament, I'm not sure it's an entirely bad thing to lose some interest.

I'll be trying to get back in the swing of posting more about education and other things involving my future life as an educator. A friend has sent some links to some an interesting website and a book or two regarding early childhood education. My father-in-law also forwarded an article about experts condemning "proposed core standards" for young students, which will probably have to be addressed in an upcoming entry along with a question he has posed to me about the very nature of charter schools and their relationship to teachers unions. Heavy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment