Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hurt Locker


I saw "The Hurt Locker" yesterday and it was predictably awesome. Given everything I had heard about it, the pump was definitely primed going in, but it did not fail to live up to my expectations. In fact, it was a much more enjoyable movie than I was expecting ... which is not to say that my shoulders aren't still sore from being tensed for two hours straight.

Aside from that, Rachel is gone for the weekend for her Jessup competition, and I have a lot of reading to get done. Kozol, charming though he is, isn't lighting me up and keeping me glued to "Letters to a Young Teacher," but I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and get started on "Pedagogy of the Oppressed." Eventually I'll probably have to start reading actual TFA books, but I haven't been able to bring myself to start on them yet ... though they actually look pretty interesting/readable.

Lastly before heading off to a little more time with Mr. Kozol and (likely in quick succession) sleepiness, I just came across this article on Slate.com about the search for the rare Hainan gibbon. Thought it was rather well written and kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment